Sunday 18 September 2016

LETS TALK: Best Contouring Products for Pale Skin

I have decided to make my 'Lets Talk' posts a recurring thing, so today, I will be revealing my favourite contouring products and since I have pale skin I thought it would be appropriate to name the best for my skin tone because contouring for darker skin is very much different than for us pale peeps.

Nyx Taupe Blush £5(ish) - I really love this. It is my most used contour product because not only is it inexpensive, but whether you want natural cheekbones or a strong contour this is sure to do the trick. It is a cool toned powder with the perfect amount of pigment. I am just going to go for it and say this is my favourite contouring product. Ever.

Kevyn Aucoin Sculpting Powder £35 - Although your bank account won't thank you (or me) for the recommendation, this is a top notch product for contouring. A VERY pigmented powder that is cool toned and is guaranteed to give you the sharpest contour in town. Other than the price I don't have anything bad to say. However, you do need a light hand when applying this otherwise it may end up a tad over the top.

Collection Contour Kit £3.99 - A lot more wallet friendly than the last you'll be happy to know. Not a very hyped product and I really think it needs more recognition for the price, especially since it is paired with an amazing drugstore highlighter. Just as good as the Kevyn Aucoin powder if you ask me only with less pigment and a lot less damage moneywise. I used this my entire summer holiday, none stop and I just can't give it enough praise. One of the best £3.99's I have ever spent.

Anastasia Beverley Hills Contour Kit £39 - Definitely the most famous of the contour kits. With 6 powders - 3 of them for contouring, 2 setting powders and 1 shimmer highlighter, this really does include everything you need for sculpting the face. You can definitely use the bottom middle shade 'fawn' to achieve a sharp contour or just warm up your face with either of the other darker shades. They have the perfect amount of pigmentation and blend beautifully.

Maybelline Master Sculpt £6.99 - Although I rarely use this anymore (because I prefer the others) I did have to include this. When I first bought it I loved it and for the price it is pretty great. Very cool toned and great for on the go. The powders aren't very pigmented and the highlight shade is pretty useless but I still find myself reaching for it occasionally if I want a natural look.

What are your favourite contouring products?

Jade xoxo

Follow my blog on bloglovin' here!

2 comments :

  1. 3.99 sounds amazing for a great little contour palette!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is, you should definitely try it out!

      Delete