Friday 9 September 2016

TOP 5 MAC LIPSTICKS

top 5 mac lipsticks

One of my favourite brands for lipstick is MAC. I find they are a more reasonable price than other high end lipsticks, have a great formula and have every colour available under the sun. They offer 7 different finishes - Frost, Glaze, Amplified, Lustre, Matte, Satin and Cremesheen. My current favourites are the latter 3. Now,  I know these are all nudes but take my word they all look different on the lips.


Viva Glam || - First up, Viva Glam ||. For me, this is an all rounder, can never go wrong kind of lipstick. It's a satin finish so isn't drying but still has quite good staying power. A pink beige nude that has an even amount of nudeness. A go-to for all year round and definitely makes an appearance in my top 5. If you love a nude lip (and who doesn't) then you NEED this.
mac lipstick
Honeylove - I mentioned this lipstick in a favourites a month or so back and it really is gorgeous. A lot more 'orange' toned than I would usually go for but nevertheless I think it's rather nice. For all the nude lipstick lovers out there, this is a must. It is matte and can be slightly drying but isn't uncomfortable to wear. I have noticed the mattes are a lot more pigmented that any other formula, just one sweep on the lips and you're good to go.
mac honeylove lipstick
Modesty - Modesty is the latest lipstick to my MAC lipstick collection and has quickly climbed up the rankings to my top 5. As described on the website it is a 'muted neutral pink' which I think describes it perfectly. As it is a cremesheen lipstick it is very creamy on the lips and great if you want a bit of gloss. It's really easy to wear with any look to any event. What more could you want??
mac modesty lipstick
Faux - Another satin finish and an old favourite. It was one of the first I bought and one I am very fond of. A lot more pink than the others but still a lovely pink nude for any occasion. It pairs with pretty much any eye look and stays on a good amount of time. Like all the satins it isn't the slightest bit drying and looks and feels lovely on the lips.
faux lipstick
Twig - My last favourite was a toss up between Twig and Velvet Teddy. In the end I had to sway towards Twig. Purely because, it isn't drying whereas Velvet Teddy can be.  One of the darker nudes I own and I would describe is as a brown nude pink which makes a pleasant change from my usual paler nude pink (well not that much of a change to be honest). Mostly used in the Autumn/Winter but you could definitely rock it all year round. It lasts a fair amount of time but doesn't have the staying power of others.
mac lipstick
From Top to Bottom: Modesty, Honeylove, Viva Glam ||, Twig, Faux
What are your favourite MAC lipsticks? 

Jade xoxo


Follow my blog on bloglovin' here!

No comments :

Post a Comment