Tuesday 13 September 2016

HUGE MAKEUP HAUL + FIRST IMPRESSIONS

huge makeup haul
I ended up going a bit mad online and decided to get my hands on some makeup I have wanted to try for a while. I thought it would be helpful to let you know my honest opinions or 'first impressions' on the products and tell you if they're worth the money.
makeup first impressions

Nars Sheer Glow Foundation - One thats been on my list long enough its Nars Sheer Glow. After recommendations from friends and from the craze on the internet I just couldn't resist any longer. It is really good coverage, doesn't emphasise your pores, stays on well, is definitely buildable, it doesn't oxidise and blends easily. It can separate around my nose because of oil but overall I'm really glad I bought it.

Nars Laguna Bronzer - This is definitely one of my favourites out of the things I have bought. I was reluctant to buy it at first incase it was too dark for my skin tone. But, you'll be pleasantly surprised to know that even for me, it is the perfect shade. A cross between bronzy to warm up the face and cool toned to contour. It might have jumped to near the top of my bronzers.

Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer - I was extremely excited to get this concealer and at its price point I expected it to be very high coverage. But, because it is yellowy, unfortunately it is not the correct under tone for dark circles. Pink tones cancel out blue tones where as yellow tones cancel out red tones. It is a lovely consistency however and blends well so not all negative. Although I don't think I would purchase it again.

Urban Decay All Nighter Setting Spray - As I have combination skin (i.e my T zone gets oily) one of the main trouble's I have with makeup is keeping it on my face. The only way I can describe this product is as a 'makeup glue'. It literally sticks your makeup to your face all day or 'all night' as the name suggests. Somehow it seals your makeup and makes your makeup feel lightweight too. LOVE IT.

Becca Shimmering Skin Perfecter in 'Moonstone' - What can I say? Becca highlighters are some of the best out there in my opinion and this one was no different. The formula is hard to describe but I'll try my best... they are a very soft consistency, are rather pigmented and look gorgeous both on the skin and in the pan. I can't lie though, it hasn't beaten Mary Lou Manizer (my all time fave) but it's pretty close.
becca champagne pop
Makeup Forever Ultra HD Foundation - I must admit I did expect a more 'HD' look from this foundation. Nevertheless, I still love it. It's really smooth on the skin, lasts well, is definitely buildable coverage, looks flawless, doesn't oxidise or accentuate your pores and if we are talking MAC shades NW10-NW13, then Y205 would be the perfect shade for you in this.

Beauty Blender - I have to be honest, I couldn't not hop on this band waggon after all this time and what a marvellous decision it was. It just gives the most glow, perfect, skin like finish and I think it's well worth the money. If you like fairly sheer coverage, this is the tool you need. I have tried it with a few foundations now and it works well with them all. (The Real Techniques sponge is a great, cheaper alternative)

Morphe M441 Brush - You can never have too many makeup brushes, especially blending brushes in your life. Morphe brushes are such a good price for the amazing quality and morphe is a brand I'm warming too.

Morphe 35T Palette - This is SUCH a gorgeous palette, and for the price I can only say good things! The shadows are some of the most pigmented I have used and they blend amazingly. Not to mention the actual shades of the shadows that are just, well, beautiful. Morphe you've done yourself proud.
Morphe 35T palette

What are your opinions on these products?? 

Jade xoxo


Follow my blog on bloglovin' here!

No comments :

Post a Comment