Monday 28 November 2016

YOUTUBE MADE ME BUY IT! Worth the Hype?? | Face Products

Yes, I have indeed hopped on this bandwagon. I have seen SO many Youtuber's doing this video recently so I thought I'de join in and do a post about products youtube has definitely made me buy.

I can assure you there are TONS more products I have bought because of Youtube, these are just a few I picked out. There were SO many I had to split this into 2 parts. Here's part 1...
youtube made me buy it



FIXING MISTS
MAC Fix + - A product that can cause confusion. Is it a setting spray, a primer, to intensity eyeshadows, wet your beauty blender? I suppose you could say all of the above. A very versatile product I'll give it it's due.

Urban Decay All Nighter Makeup Setting Spray - The queen of all the setting sprays. This is one of my favourites, a well deserved hype. It's like face friendly glue.

FOUNDATION

Nars Sheer Glow - Having heard about this pretty much non stop for years, this year I finally gave in and bought it. I don't regret purchasing it but I wouldn't buy it again to be honest.

Makeup Forever Ultra HD - One I'm on the fence about. I wouldn't go as far as saying it's the best foundation. I think good would be a better adjective.

CONCEALER

Collection Lasting Perfection - A gem is my opinion. I'm pretty sure every Youtuber, certainly every British Youtuber has talked about this at some point. A classic from the drugstore and one that I love.

Maybelline Eraser Eye Concealer - Sadly, this is one of the few products that let me down. Having very pale skin this is FAR too dark for me. Completely and utterly orange. I also don't think the coverage is that great either. My apologies.

POWDER

MAC Studio Fix Powder - This was the talk of the town a few years back. Yes, I did buy it but to be honest I think I have used it all of about 3 times in the time I have had it (a while). If you like thicker, heavy coverage powders this would be great, but for me, personally I prefer thin powders to just set my makeup.

BRONZER 

Benefit Hoola Bronzer - This little rascal was everywhere at one point. In fact, all of the Benefit Box powders were the rage. Is it worth it though? I think so.

Anastasia Contour Kit - A historic contour kit. The one that started the craze. Not the best contouring product I own but a great kit overall. I would call it a bronzer kit more than anything.

BLUSH

MAC Blushes - Believe it or not there was a time where everyone seemed to rave about MAC blushes. If I could recommend one it would definitely be 'Margin'.

Nars Orgasm Blush - It wasn't just the name that made this famous. Youtuber's worldwide used it. Some loved it, some didn't. I suppose it's the marmite of makeup. My opinion is neutral, no strong opinions either way.

HIGHLIGHTER

MAC Soft & Gentle - This has to be one of the first highlighters on the market. Back in the day this was the only highlighter anyone used, or so it seemed. Well worth the hype, and the money - you never run out!

The Balm Mary Lou Manizer - There are 1001 highlighters that are hyped up but this has to be the most talked about. A year or so ago it was EVERYWHERE. I am glad of this hype for sure, one of my all time favourites.
youtube made me buy itmakeup products worth the hypeyoutube made me buy it





No comments :

Post a Comment